Thursday, August 11, 2011

Repo! The Genetic Opera

     Yesterday I watched the 2008 movie, "Repo! The Genetic Orpera." I found out about this movie by watching Bloody Disgusting TV's podcasts. At first I was a bit hesitant to watch the movie because Paris Hilton acts in it. haha I thought it would be bad just because of her! hahaha However, I still wanted to watch it because from what I had seen and heard, it seemed like a pretty cool movie. Plus, Nivek Ogre from Skinny Puppy is in it. He's cool, therefore the movie is cool. haha
     For those of you who don't know, "Repo! The Genetic Opera," is a story set in the 21st century in a time where almost everybody is obsessed with surgery. There is this company called GeneCo that offers organ transplants and other modification surgeries and it is run by Rotti Largo (Paul Sorvino), who is dying (therefore his children fight over GeneCo).  Some people however have not paid of their finances for their organs or whatever surgery was done to them and now the Repo Man (Anthony Head) is going around taking back what belongs to GeneCo. This story is also about the relationship between the Repo Man and his daughter, Shilo(Alexa Vega). Shilo basically feels trapped because of her genetics. This story also talks about the relationship between different characters, and how things ended up being the way they are in their world. There's basically a lot going on in the story. haha It is hard to explain in words. I know, I tried telling my friends about the movie and they were thoroughly confused. haha It is easier to understand this movie if you watch it.
       Anyways, I thought this movie was awesome! The music, costumes, story, and characters made this movie interesting and appealing. It has definitely become one of my favorites! As I said before, I don't like Paris Hilton and I really thought her presence was going to ruin the movie for me. Honestly though, her acting didn't seem like acting! haha The character she played in the movie (Amber Sweet) acts the exact same way I imagine she acts in real life. haha She was ok in the movie...not great or good, but ok. The rest of the actors were great (some were better than others). My favorite character was GraveRobber (Terrance Zdunich), but Shilo was a pretty cool. Pavi (Nivek Ogre) and Luigi (Bill Moseley) were funny characters. haha I like them too. :D
      To conclude, this movie was great. It had great music and the story kept it interesting. The ending was a little strange. I mean seriously after Shilo's dad dies (the Repo Man) she just walks out of the room and sings a little song about how her genes don't affect her life anymore. O_O We never find out what became of Shilo. We just find out the the Largo children are still crazy and Amber Sweet (Paris Hilton) takes over GeneCo. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FREAKIN' SHILO! I mean she declined the GeneCo offer, but what did she do with her life? Did she die? Is she successful? What happens to her? O_O Other than that,the storyline is fine! haha I recommend this movie especially people who like the musical type movies like, maybe "Rocky Horror Picture Show?" :D You guys should definitely check out this movie! You will have fun watching it!

P.S. My "A Nightmare on Elm Street" franchise posts are coming soon... hopefully. haha Don't worry I will write them! :)
Until then remember...umm... Zydrate comes in a little glass vile? haha

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the movie last night at a sleepover and now I just can't stop thinking about it! And how you said you wanted to learn about what happened to Shiloh, well it kind of explains what happens to her in a song during the credits when she and the Grave Robber are singing together. Apparently she gets hooked on the drug Zycrite or something and is wanting more...I loved the movie but was a bit disappointed in the end, especially how Mag died even though she had to.

Post a Comment

 
;