Monday, July 23, 2012

Too Conservative?

     Okay so today when I checked facebook, I came across something that I wouldn't say upsets me, but it is certainly something that makes me question society and what people like and accept. It made question myself as well....am I too conservative? Has my many years of Sunday school lessons on how to dress appropriately and be modest made me an outcast to the so called "normal" society. Probably. haha The thing that I came across was a picture of a girl from my school in a bikini top and really (and I mean REALLY) short shorts. I can talk about this here because most likely no one from my school will read my blog. I don't pose in a bikini or show my cleavage here so...you know, not a lot of interest to people from my school haha Now it's okay to wear that stuff to the beach...i guess. I wouldn't know since I don't go to the beach too often. I'm afraid of sea water...and not a big fan of the sun. haha But I don't know....I still feel that bikinis are something that maybe people should wear when they're older....not when they are in the pre-teens or early teenage years. That's just my opinion though. There's nothing wrong with wearing bikinis. I just don't like revealing a lot of skin personally so...guess it's just a matter of taste. However, I'm not making this post to rant about bikinis. 

  Back to want I really want to say. haha XD Okay so this girl posted her photo of herself in a bikini, and when I saw it I immediately thought " Wow. Uhh is this really appropriate? Exposing herself like this?" I also predicted that her photo of her with barely anything on would get a lot of likes in no time. ALAS! I was right. The photo currently stands with over 100 likes. Why does that get to me? Because it kinda upsets me that showing your "goods" has become something quite popular with people my age and even younger than me. I don't know....I mean this girl I'm talking about dresses a little...slutty sometimes. I've seen her in very deep Vs really tiny shorts and a lot of clothing that either shows cleavage or just doesn't leave much up to the imagination...if ya know what I mean. I would probably never post a picture of myself like that because I have a certain respect for myself? You know I don't want to come off as a hooker. O_O Not only does she do this, but a few other girls at my school and just around me do it as well. A ton of the just love to post pictures of themselves looking like...they just have nothing else to offer, but their body. You know what else I hate? the comments underneath the photos. People say things like "OMG YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!" and  "OH YOU'RE GORGEOUS!" Really people? Really? There are ways to be pretty, feminine, and even sexy without revealing so much of yourself. I mean I can only imagine the thoughts going through some of the mindless boys viewing their bikini photos. O_O

   Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't get that many likes on my photos. hahah XD I mean I was raised in such a way that I was taught to value your body, dress it appropriately and all that stuff. I mean I personally would not feel comfortable revealing as much skin as they do. The thing is...they don't even have a sort of sophistication or elegance to their beauty either. They're just like "Oh look at me I'm cute. I'm free. I'll give my body to you. Look I have boobs!" They just have no class. Which makes me a little bit sad. However, if I tried to nicely explain to some of the younger girls who do this how it is not   that good to just reveal so much...well...they would call me a bitch and say I'm just jealous because they get more attention and you know all that stuff. Well the jealous part is kind of right. I'm not jealous of their slutty ways. I'm just jealous of the fact that they can get so many people to pay attention to that one trashy photo whereas I can barely get anybody to look at some of my work whether it be my blog, my videos, or anything. O_O Has my christian up-bringing failed me? Oh lord! Send me a sign. haha XD

     In the end...I guess you might say I'm a little conservative in comparison to my peers, but I still think I'm am a little non-conservative. I mean I listen to heavy metal (even black metal!) and some of the stuff I'm into would be considered not the norm anyways so....I'm still a rebel. haha XD (BTW I'm not totally christian yet I guess....I'm in that stage of my life where I'm sort of searching and exploring religions. Raised christian, but still searching. haha XD ) Anyways...this was kind of a weird post so....feel free to totally ignore everything I said! XD haha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same like you do.
Keep it up..stay as you are. :)
You are beautiful in and out. :D
No matter, if anyone notices this or not. But HE up there knows it all.

Amira L. Lukens said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for reading my blog post! It is greatly appreciated! :) It is nice to know that other people share my views. ;)

Post a Comment

 
;