Thursday, December 20, 2012

It never fails...

to amaze me at how immature some can be. I know they are young, but so am I. I'm only 17, I know I don't have many years behind me, but still I think that I've maybe...either have learned or have realized a lot more that the average person from my generation and the generations that came after mine (That is what I think, but you know....still I'm only a teenager. There's a lot I don't know and I realize that.) The person posting in the photo is I believe maybe 2-3 years younger than me. I know for sure she is younger than me...but from what I've observed she one of those people who try to act a lot older than they are. Which is fine. I have no problem with it. People choose their own lifestyles. Besides, I don't really know what "acting someone's age" means anymore. I mean, the meaning and the idea of how a person should act at a certain age changes all the time. The whole idea of it can also be seen as a matter of perspective as well (as most things in the world can). I mean some might say I act younger than my age or that I have not developed normally, but as I've said; perspective is the key. One could be seen as perfectly normal where as someone like me might seem a bit odd. All that aside I would like to get to the picture above.

As you can see from the text, this person has taken a harsh approach to "expressing" her thoughts and feelings. Nothing wrong with being harsh at times, but that is the point. At certain times it is okay to be harsh. In my opinion, this was not one of those times. This post is somewhat..childish in a way? I mean seriously "GO KILL YOURSELF?" That is....a bit cruel sounding. These are the people who freak out when a sever case of bullying hits the media, yet they post things that say those words? I know they aren't entirely serious, but still I feel that saying that in a way is immature. Now I'm not saying I haven't done the same thing before. I never said I was not a hypocrite, but as I've gotten a bit older I've learned to realize that saying things like that...it's not cool. It is a bit harsh and cruel. Saying things like that...even in a non-serious way is insensitive to a human life. "Go kill yourself," really? You really want someone to take their own life? I don't know, i guess because I'm not as popular as that girl I think about my words after I say them more often. She will have people support her words whereas I would be torn down. However, I feel the fact that I did get torn down when I said similar things helped me grow as a person. Just because one is popular doesn't mean they are always in the right. It is not always right to support them either. Anyways, I was just a bit disturbed by that post so I needed to vent a little. I won't go too much into detail in order to prevent an army from attacking if you know what I mean. haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;